Hong Kong Academy puts in place a number of terms & conditions to ensure safety and quality of programme for all our participants. Please read the following terms and conditions prior to finalising your payment:
- Places are allocated on a first-come-first served basis with payment required at the time of registration to secure a spot in any course.
- Once your application is complete you will receive confirmation of payment and details for your selected course(s). Participants information provided on registration may be shared with Service Providers and Faculty.
- The Service Provider will become the point of contact upon commencement of the course
- Any questions pertaining to enrolment prior to the commencement of the course can be directed to HKA Main Reception.
- For Service Provider hosted programmes, these third parties will become the point of contact upon commencement of the course. Hong Kong Academy is not liable for any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly (including special, incidental or consequential loss or damage) for your use of service provider services.
- A link or reference to any third party company, service or website does not in any way amount to or imply endorsement by Hong Kong Academy. Hong Kong Academy has made reasonable efforts to examine third party providers but make no express or implied warranties or representations in respect to the services provided by a third party.
- Payment for an enrolled course is made online at the time of registration.
Withdrawal, Changes & Cancellations
- All general announcements will be communicated via https://co-curricular.hkacademy.edu.hk/
- Please contact the HKA office at +852 2655 1111 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish to make any changes after your registration has been processed.
- Request for withdrawal from a course must be made no less than ten (10) working days prior to the commencement of the course to receive a full refund of the course fee. The request for cancellation must be made in writing to email@example.com.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations within nine (9) working days prior to the commencement of a course.
- No refund, credits or make up lessons will be issued for student absence or cancellations due to inclement weather or excessive AQHI levels for on-campus activities. Please see our for Inclement Weather Policy for more details.
- If the class is cancelled due to coach absence you will be notified by the service provider and a refund will be issued.
- Should programmes be cancelled under a force majeure or unforeseen circumstances advised by HKA, EDB, CHP or the HK Government, refunds will be offered for the remainder amount of sessions of the full course.
- All courses require a minimum enrolment number to run; families will be notified of any cancellations before the commencement of the course through the provided email at the time of registration. A refund will be issued in such cases.
- HKA reserves the right to make amendments to programme details including but not limited to times, facilities, and dates at our discretion; families will be notified of any changes in advance whenever appropriate or possible.
Photo & Videos
- Images captured during the programme may be used for promotional purposes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to place your child on the ‘do not photograph’ list.
- All participants in the event are asked to avoid using digital devices. If digital devices are required they should be for curriculum use only. If you have any questions pertaining to social media guidelines at HKA please contact our Main Reception.
- All service providers and coaches have a duty of care and are required to abide by our Code of Conduct for Safeguarding Students designed to protect both adults and minors. If you have any concerns about the safety of a child or if you believe a child feels that he or she is in danger, hurt or scared please report a member of staff at the Main Reception.
- The school has the right to reject and prohibit any programme participants from entering the school campus for on-site activities or participate in classes if it is, in its sole discretion, of a view that the participant’s presence in HKA is not appropriate.
Health & Safety
- Medical information provided on the application may be shared with the Service Provider.
- Hong Kong Academy is currently operating under the Government’s Vaccine Pass Arrangement under the Leave Home Safe. Comment end
- To prevent the spread of Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Hong Kong Academy will follow the ‘Health Advice to schools’ from the Centre of Health Protection for all programmes on campus. For more information please see COVID-19 Social Distancing & Facility Protocols and Guidelines – Seasonal Programmes
- HKA Services Providers and our coaches are not responsible for any injury to participants, or damages or loss of property as a result of participation in our courses.
- Participants join the activities at their own risk and, save for death and personal injury caused by Hong Kong Academ’s own negligence, Hong Kong Academy shall not in any way be responsible to the participants for any injury or damages caused to the participants of their personal property and in no event shall Hong Kong Academy have any liability of any kind to any person or entity arising from or related to use of services provided by third parties. “HKA Services Providers and our coaches are not responsible for any injury to participants, or damage…” with “Participants join the activities at their own risk and, save for death and personal injury caused by…”
Venue & Facilities
- Participants are expected to abide by the regulations of the facility. we reserve the right to ask anyone who does not abide by the rules or behaves unreasonably to leave immediately.